What is Ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy is a unique treatment that supports and heals the body. Ozone therapy can be used to support the health of patients with many chronic illnesses and chronic infections. Ozone therapy can also be applied for anti-aging purposes. It can be applied for many purposes including:
- Ozone is anti-neoplastic.
- Ozone increase ATP production.
- Ozone kills bacteria fungi, mold, and viruses.
- Ozone makes red blood cells more elastic.
- Ozone increases protein synthesis.
- Ozone up regulates antioxidant response.
- Ozone increases the effectiveness of the immune system
- Ozone improves mitochondrial function and efficiency.
- Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells.
- Ozone stimulates increased levels of interferon.
- Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor necrosis factor.
Please note that ozone doesn’t cure health conditions, but it helps the body through better oxygen utilization begin to heal. It is used in conjunction with many other approaches offered in this practice to help improve a patients health. These include hormone balancing, thyroid and adrenal restoration, improved Gut function, oral detox and lifestyle modifications.
What exactly is Ozone?
Oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. Ozone is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom which makes it supercharged oxygen and gives it all its wonderful healing properties.
Why is Ozone so effective?
Ozone has the ability to activate the immune system, causing the body to produce more white blood cells, which makes it effective in combating infection. In addition, ozone has an anti-inflammatory effect, which promotes healing in wounds or infected areas due to the reduced inflammation in those areas. As abnormal or chronic inflammation is the cause of many diseases, ozone’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help alleviate these conditions. Ozone promotes the uptake and use of oxygen in the blood and cells of the body, further promoting healing and aiding in the treatment of conditions in which poor circulation or low oxygen levels play a role. Ozone’s stimulation of the creation of antioxidants helps to prevent further conditions from arising. In addition ozone stimulates stem cells to help in tissue regeneration.
How is Ozone therapy applied?
Although ozone is a gas, developments in technology mean it can be used in several forms and different ways, including:
- Ozonated olive oil applied to the body
- Rectal insufflation, a therapy where ozone is blown into the rectum
- Ozonated water to drink
- Injections into the veins, muscles, joints and other tissues
- Autohemotherapy, where blood is withdrawn, mixed with ozone, and the put back into the blood.
- Gas bath or sauna
What is Prolozone treatment?
One method is to inject a proprietary mixture of vitamins, natural medicines and ozone can be given as an injection into joints and/or soft tissue, such as muscle. It can also be applied around joints to stimulate strengthening of the connective tissues.
The technique was created by Dr. Frank Shallenberger. It is extremely effective solution for a variety of musculoskeletal pain and joint pain including chronic neck and back pain, rotator cuff injuries, degenerative and arthritic hips and knees, degenerated discs, and shoulder and elbow pain. In many cases Prolozone actually corrects the pathology of the disorder, and there is a 75% chance for the chronic pain sufferer to becoming permanently pain free. For more information on Prolozone please click here.
What is Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI)?
Experience has shown that ultraviolet blood irradiation can strengthen the immune system and improve overall health. Ultraviolet blood irradiation is a procedure that exposes the blood to UV light to boost the body’s immune response and to fight off infections. This produces a rapid detoxifying effect with the subsidence of toxic symptoms.
Ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI) is used to treat many health conditions. Many of the early studies were published in the American Journal of Surgery. Experience has shown that ultraviolet blood irradiation can strengthen the immune system and improve overall health and to fight infections. Light also stimulates mitochondrial activity in the blood cells, energizing the cells.
What is Major Autohemotherapy/Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (MAH/UBI)?
MAH, or major autohemotherapy, combined with ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI) acts as non-specific, immune-stimulant therapy. IV Ozone-UBI is a new treatment technique that utilizes two oxidative treatments: Major autohemotherapy and ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI).
Ultraviolet blood irradiation (UBI) was extensively used in the 1940s and 1950s to treat many health conditions. Many of the early studies were published in the American Journal of Surgery. MAH/UBI has fallen out of favor with the increasing use of antibiotic therapy. However, there are numerous health benefits of MAH/UBI. Please watch this short video to find out more. Please also download this research document from Ozone Without Borders.
What are some of the benefits of UBI?
- Increases oxygen absorption.
- It is anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial.
- Improves circulation and decreases platelet aggregation.
- Improves circulation by dilating blood vessels.
- Improves the body’s ability to detoxify and inactivate or remove toxins.
- Activates cortisone-like molecules, sterols, into vitamin D.
- Restores the normal size and movement of fat elements.
To learn more about Ozone therapy, please contact our office for a complimentary consultation.