Safe Alternatives for the Treatment of Cold, Cough and Flu
The standard treatment of common winter ailments is mainly based on the suppression of symptoms. Patients take antibiotics, cough syrups and pain medications without consideration for the short and long term consequences. These medications do have consequences and never address making the patient’s own immune system function better. Instead they suppress the body’s own protective mechanisms (fever, sweating, cough) along with producing side effects.
For example, the FDA has issued a Public Health Advisory to parents recommending that over-the-counter (OTC) cough and cold products should not be used to treat infants and children less than 2 years of age because serious and potentially life-threatening side effects can occur from such use. According to the FDA’s news release there are a wide variety of rare, serious adverse events reported with cough and cold products. They include convulsions, rapid heart rates, decreased levels of consciousness and death. These side effects are not just limited to children and many adults experience problems. This leaves patients to wonder what treatments are safe and effective.
Heel offers safe, effective and natural medicines for adults and children suffering from common cold and flu symptoms. Physicians may confidently recommend many Heel medicines for their patients including:
- Viburcol® liquid drops for restlessness and fever in children (1)
- Nectadyn (formerly CoughFree) syrup for coughs (recommended for ages 2 and up)
- Sinusin™ (formerly Euphorbium Nasal Spray) for nasal congestion, headache and viral infections (2)
- Traumeel® ear drops for ear pain, inflammation and ear congestion
- Engystol® for the treatment of viral infections (injectable, tabs)(3)
- Gripp-Heel® for the acute onset of cold and flu symptoms (injectable, tabs)
- Lymphomyosot® for the treatment of swollen lymph nodes and support of immune function
These products act rapidly to soothe and relieve the discomfort of cold and flu symptoms without overdosing precautions or suppressive side effects. There are no concerns about the combination of Heel medications and any standard pharmaceuticals. These products are available through health care practitioners, pharmacies and health food stores.
Heel Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Heel GmbH, which is one of the world’s largest homeopathic pharmaceutical manufacturers with distribution in over 60 countries.