Our practice is very proud to offer "Instrumentation Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization" (IASTM) using the Zuka Tools!
What is IASTM?
IASTM uses a hard-edged instrument made of metal which produces a shearing type stress to soft tissues, in order to enhance healing, reduction of spasm, and scar tissue.
The ability to focus mechanical force along a small contact surface to a patients tissues, and to be able to do this a high level of comfort for both the patient and treating therapist. Don't let the image fool you, it feels very soothing.
IASTM tools are designed with these basic concepts in mind which separates it from an ancient technique used in our practice for decades called Gua Sha. Not only are the instruments useful for transferring force to the target tissues, they are very good in providing feedback regarding tissue irregularities, since the tool will resonate allowing the doctor or therapist the ability to "feel" the irregularity in the soft tissues. It is an ideal treatment for many conditions, either to be used by itself, or in conjunction with other treatment modalities offered.
This technique can be used for:
- Cervical sprain/strain - Neck Pain
- Lumbar sprain/strain - Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Wrist Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis - Foot Pain
- Lateral Epicondylitis - Tennis Elbow
- Medial Epicondylitis - Golfer’s Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis - Shoulder Pain
- Patellofemoral Disorders - Knee Pain
- Achilles Tendinitis - Ankle Pain
- Scar Tissue
- Trigger Finger
- Shin Splints
Contact our office for more information on this modern version of an ancient therapy.